Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hermit Thrush

I was in the living room when I saw this little fellow land on one of the small fountains in the back patio (which wasn't working btw, because of a either a faulty pump or circuit breaker issue). At first I thought it was an immature Spotted Towhee, but its profile, movements and coloration suggested otherwise. Anyhoo, the camera happened to be on the couch, so I quickly changed the lens to the zoom and snapped as many shots as I could through the sliding glass door in hopes of getting a semi-decent one. This is the first Hermit Thrush I've seen on the property since we moved here in 2006. Yay!!!

 2/10/18 On the fountain in the herb garden.

2/10/18 On the fountain in the herb garden.

12/28/14 Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus). 

12/28/14

No comments:

Post a Comment